This document contains important policies, procedures and regulations governing access to and appropriate use of the Albuquerque ARTCC Discord Server.
Roles and Responsibilities
This document shall be maintained, revised, updated or cancelled by the Air Traffic Manager (ATM). Should any part of this document conflict with a VATUSA, VATAMAS or VATSIM policy, those policies shall supersede this document.
This document is intended for use by any individual who is a member of the Albuquerque ARTCC and wishes to utilize the Albuquerque ARTCC Discord server, and shall serve as a reference for said members. This document is also intended for use by the staff members of the Albuquerque ARTCC in maintaining an entertaining, friendly and fun environment consistent with the goals and visions of VATSIM (Aviate. Educate. Communicate.) All members should be familiar with this document (and all ZAB policies), and should exercise their best judgement when encountering situations not covered by these policies.
This is a new policy.
Bot - Any software that connects to Discord and has the ability to execute pre-programmed code.
Record - Using any external program (streaming software, audio recording software, etc.) to capture audio from Discord and subsequently rebroadcast or store said audio.
Member - Any Albuquerque ARTCC home controller, visitor or guest connected to the Albuquerque ARTCC Discord.
- The Albuquerque ARTCC Discord server is intended as an inclusive environment for all Albuquerque ARTCC home controllers, visiting controllers, staff, pilots and guests. In congruence with the VATSIM Code of Conduct, section A1, all members of the Albuquerque ARTCC Discord shall be courteous and respectful to one another.
- The VATSIM Code of Conduct shall apply to all members of the Albuquerque ARTCC Discord.
- All members shall be easily identifiable. Generally, this means setting your Discord nickname to your first name and at least your last initial. If you are not a ZAB home controller, a reference to your home ARTCC/FIR or CID is requested.
- Any member wishing to stream to an external service (including, but not limited to Twitch) shall obtain consent from every member in the channel before doing so. Once consent is obtained, the member shall denote they are streaming by placing
[S] in front of their Discord nickname so members outside the channel are aware that the member is streaming. This does not apply for internal Discord streams that are only viewable by members in the same channel.
- The Senior Staff (ATM, DATM, TA) reserve the right to record any interaction without receiving prior consent for purposes in line with the discharge of their duties.
- The Albquerque ARTCC has a zero tolerance policy towards any discriminitory behavior or hate speech. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Behavior, speech or posts that disparage, intimidate, threaten, promote violence toward or discriminate against any person or group of people based on race, nationality, national origin, ethnicity, ethnic origin, socioeconomic status, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity.
- Behavior, speech or posts that refer to historical or current events in such a way as to disparage or disrespect a person, group of people or event.
- Inciting anyone to behave as above.
- Threats, harassment, bullying, intimidation, stalking or abuse.
- Impersonation or False Representation.
- Impersonating any VATSIM member.
- False representation of identity. This includes, but is not limited to using fake or misleading names (nickname and Discord username).
- Ban circumvention (ban evading).
- Breaching confidentiality.
- Sharing or threatening to share personal or confidental information about any person or group without their consent ("doxxing").
- Revealing staff-privileged information to members not authorized to receive that information.
- Disruptive behavior. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Excessive channel switching.
- Excessive pinging (@ feature).
- Excessive posting in global or private text chat channels.
- Excessive server connects/disconnects.
- Excessive swearing.
- Broadcasting offensive sounds, such as bodily functions.
- Illegal activities. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Sharing links to malicious or illegal websites (phishing, malware, etc).
- Posting directly or linking to illegal or pirated software.
- Posting anything illegal under United States law.
- Unauthorized bots.
- Voice changing or morphing software.
- Any violations of sections 6 or 7 will follow a progressive disciplinary model. The exception is section 7.1, which will result in an immediate permanent ban.
- Sever infractions may constitute skipping certain progressive steps on a case-by-case basis, as approved by the ATM.
- Permanent bans must be approved by the ATM.
- Appeals of any ban must be sent to the ATM ([email protected]) within 7 days of the ban.
- Progressive steps:
- Verbal Warning
- Written Warning
- Kick from Discord
- Ban from Discord (less than 7 days)
- Ban from Discord (less than 30 days)
- Ban from Discord (permanent)
- Any of the above steps may include temporary suspension of controlling privileges, referral to the Division or referral to a network supervisor.
Air Traffic Manager
21 January 2021
23 January 2021